Just like other professions the amount of income that every Kenyan police earns relies upon their level of education and the ranks they hold in the force. The Kenya Police salary was increased by 100% in 2015, a move that saw many policemen and women celebrating.
How Much Do Police Recruits Get Paid?
Salary earnings is always a great motivational factor to apply for any job.
Incase you are seeking to venture into police administration, below is a highlight of the Kenya Police salary scale per month:
- Inspector general of police – Ksh. 854,241
- Senior assistant inspector general – Ksh. 274,890
- Assistant inspector general – Ksh. 187, 890
- Commissioner of police – Ksh. 130,590
- Senior superintendent – Ksh. 85,890
- Superintendent – Ksh. 73,020
- Assistant superintendent – Ksh. 70, 530
- Chief inspector – Ksh. 59,220
- Inspector of police – Ksh. 53,820
- Senior sergeant – Ksh. 50,220
- Sergeant – Ksh.45,540
- Corporal – Ksh. 42,660
- Cadet inspector of police salary – Ksh. 38,000
- Constable/Fresh Graduate – Ksh. 32,880
It is also worth noting that besides their basic salary, police officers likewise get commuter, house, and leave allowance.